Our research has revealed huge pricing differences between factoring companies. That is why we offer a free, independent quote search for factoring. We can provide advice and put you in contact with the best factoring companies in the UK.
REQUEST AN INDEPENDENT QUOTE SEARCH or call Sean on 03330 113622
What Is Debt Factoring?
Debt Factoring (also sometimes called invoice or financial factoring) provides your business with the following benefits:
- Funding - money against your outstanding sales invoices and new invoices as you raise them, providing you with working capital that will improve your cashflow..
- Credit Control Support - help collecting in outstanding invoices that can save you money and time as you don't need credit control staff.
- Confidentiality - if you wish, credit control can be undertaken in the name of your business, so customers are unaware.
- Bad Debt Protection - protection against bad debts is optional if you want to protect yourself against your customers failing.
How Does It Work?
There are many different types of factoring but in general it works as follows:
- The finance company (factor) provides you with a prepayment against your invoices.
- The prepayment percentage can be up to 100% depending on circumstances.
- An 85% prepayment against a £100K sales ledger could release £85K of funding.
- This immediate cash injection can be used for any purpose.
- The factor provides credit control support to save you money & time.
- Credit control activity can be undertaken in the name of your business.
- When customers pay, the balance of the invoice value (less charges) is passed to you.
- As you raise new sales invoices so new prepayments make more money available.
- In this way the funding grows as your turnover and sales ledger grows.
How Much Cash Could You Raise?
The amount of money that you could raise will depend upon your industry sector and the nature of your business, typically 85% of invoice value but up to 100% (less charges) in some sectors.
Find out how much cash you could raise with our free online cash calculator.
What Does It Cost?
Costs start from c. £2,100 + VAT per annum, with single fee, inclusive arrangements are available. The cost for your business will depend upon the type of facility that you want and the nature of your business. We can find quotations for you without obligation, and our service is independent. Examples of the Cost of Factoring.
Alternatively, you could opt for a selective, single invoice finance option where you select the invoices to be funded and you have no ongoing committment to use the service in the future.
We do not charge you to use our quote search service. We receive a commission from the finance company if you choose to proceed with them.
Further Resources and Information
Below are links to further resources and information that you may find helpful:
- Compare the Cost Benefits of Factoring With Bank Overdraft - a cost benefit analysis of the two options where you can enter your values to make the comparison.
- Case Study - Invoice Finance For A New Start Business
- Research findings - results of a study where we spoke to a sample of clients that were using these services.
- Raising money against unpaid invoices
- Spot Factoring Help - where you decide which invoices you want to factor.
- Alternatives To Factoring - an article setting out alternative finance sources.
- How Factoring Works - an article explaining the process in detail.