Glenn Blackman, MBA
Glenn Blackman MBA is the Managing Partner at FundInvoice LLP. a leading business finance brokerage that offers a free, independent, quote search service for invoice finance, factoring, invoice discounting and other forms of business funding.
Author of "The Startup Wizard - How To Start A Business", "Selling Without Shaking Hands - How To Sell From Anywhere" and numerous finance and research related articles. Blogger, business finance commentator and marketing specialist. Founder of the UK Invoice Finance Research Group on LinkedIn and a regular speaker at conferences and key events. Founder of Free Marketing Ideas.
MBA in Applied General Management. See Glenn Blackman's Bio.
Career and Achievements To Date
September 2013 - Present
- Glenn Blackman is the Managing Partner, with responsibility for marketing, at FundInvoice LLP, a leading business finance brokerage offering an independent, business funding, invoice finance, factoring and invoice discounting search service. FundInvoice also handles trade finance, asset finance and other commercial finance facilities.
- FundInvoice have been Finalists at the Business Moneyfacts Awards for 7 consecutive years 2015 - 2021.
- Launched "Funding Voice" Magazine - a free e-magazine with advice, tips and articles relating to business cash flow.
- Authored numerous finance and invoice finance related research articles, and infographics.
- The research included insights into the funding of new start-ups, fast-growing businesses and existing users of invoice finance.
- Managed the UK Invoice Finance Research Group on LinkedIn, building the membership and sharing research findings.
- Directed, developed and implemented the partnership's marketing and online marketing strategies.
- Managed all aspects of the partnership's finance and banking.
- Delivered numerous invoice finance related invoice finance insights via my Invoice Finance Blog.
- A requested speaker at key events.
FREE MARKETING IDEAS
Founder & Business Owner
May 2021 - Present
- Founder of Free Marketing Ideas, a site promoting zero cost marketing ideas for businesses.
Founder & Business Owner
November 2019 - Present
- Founder of Survey Sensei, the research team within FundInvoice, that conducts online customer satisfaction monitoring programmes.
CASHFLOW ACCELERATION LTD
Co-Founder & Business Owner
August 2003 - September 2013
- Founder of Cashflow Acceleration Ltd, an invoice finance brokerage.
- Directed all aspects of the company's marketing and online marketing strategies.
- Authored numerous articles regarding invoice finance and market research relating to invoice finance.
- Built the business to become national "Finalists" for the Business Moneyfacts Asset Based Finance Broker of the Year Award 2013, 2012 and 2011.
- Founder of the UK Invoice Finance Research group via LinkedIn which aims to share invoice finance related research to aid the expansion of the invoice finance market.
- Launched Cashflow Magazine
Founder & Business Owner
June 2000 - September 2013
Founder of Improvia Limited which provided research services.
Historically it also provided consultancy services working with a wide range of different and diverse businesses, including a number of different invoice finance companies, on a variety of projects which have included:
- Marketing planning & implementation
- Marketing & customer research
- Business strategy development
- Executive mentoring, management training & development
- Product management & product development
- Project planning & implementation
BARCLAYS BANK PLC, SALES FINANCING
Marketing and Products Manager
Executive Member of the Board
Apr 1997 - Mar 2000
- Established the Working Capital division within Corporate Banking.
- Lead and coached a team of managers responsible for all aspects of Marketing, Product Management, Electronic Delivery and Communications.
- Achieved delivery of a range of web-based electronic delivery products, using internet technology, to over 70% of the customer base.
- Produced and delivered electronic delivery training to all customer-facing staff.
- Managed product promotions and a wide range of marketing initiatives that delivered growth of 60% in customer advances during 1998/9.
- Created an industry-leading electronic delivery demonstration package and provided related training to the sales force.
- Established and developed a comprehensive suite of communications media.
- Directed the most successful conference in the company's history.
Receivables Financing Programme
Apr 1995 - Apr 1997
- Seconded to New Business as Section Manager responsible for the training and recruitment of a new team of Sanction Officers.
- Managed market-wide customer research and market research delivering a comprehensive understanding of customer needs within the receivables financing market. This was used to support market segmentation and to develop the customer proposition for the company's strategic marketing plan.
- Responsible for Bank Reconciliation and Portfolio Management Projects.
- Delivered an operational model, and the design for the risk management & pricing processes.
- Other projects included facilitating service quality improvement workshops, service quality analysis and delivery of a change programme plan.
Client Relationship Manager
Jan 1994 - Apr 1995
(previous 3-month secondment)
- Negotiated all aspects of customers facilities and pricing for a portfolio of 85 customers, with c. £14m funds out.
- Achieved stringent bad debt targets and formed long term relationships with the customers.
- Successfully managed collect-outs including exposure to customer fraud.
Credit Underwriting Manager
July 1992 - Dec 1993
- Managed a team of underwriting staff, that achieved targets for speed of decision making and customer service.
- Sanctioned underwriting decisions up to £200K and achieved target levels for debtor losses.
New Business Department Supervisor
Oct 1990 - Jun 1992
- Sanctioned new business proposals with exposures of up to £100K.
- Analysed new business propositions, including large complex invoice discounting deals and presented recommendations to board directors.
Oct 1988 - Sep 1990
Managed a portfolio of international trade finance customers with responsibility for all aspects of import and export documentation.
Qualifications & Training
- MBA in Applied General Management, specialising in The Psychology of Leadership & Motivation, Strategy Development & Implementation, Organisational Development, Complexity Theory and Marketing.
- Association of British Factors and Discounters Certificate and Diploma.
- Institute of Credit Managers Stage 1 and Credit Management Stage 2.
- Dun & Bradstreet Credit & Financial Analysis Certificate.
- Supervisory Studies (BTEC), 2 "A" Levels and 10 "O" Levels.
- Attended numerous courses regarding general management, team building & leadership, negotiations, product management, marketing, research and project management.
Other Interests: Kayaking, fishing, golf, film, eating out and travel.