Partner in FundInvoice LLP the UK's 1st research based, free, independent factoring, invoice discounting & commercial finance advice and search service. Following many years of experience in the factoring and invoice discounting marketplace, including Client Management, Project Management, Strategic & Business Management.
Career and Achievements to Date
September 13 - Present
- Founding Partner in FundInvoice LLP which offers independent advice to businesses and arranges factoring, invoice discounting, trade finance, asset finance and commercial finance facilities.
- Assisted numerous clients with business finance advice and the provision of an independent search service for quotations.
- Developed relationships with a large number of invoice finance and commercial finance companies sourcing the latest offers and discounts for clients.
- Managed to find 81% of clients savings of an average of 35% of the fees they were quoted elsewhere.
- Contributed to the business' online debate and promotion of invoice finance as an alternative source of business finance.
Cashflow Acceleration Ltd
August 03 - Present
- Sean Morrow was responsible for developing Cashflow Acceleration from its inception offering independent advice to numerous businesses and arranging factoring, invoice discounting, trade finance, asset finance and commercial finance facilities that led to a year on year increase in business volumes.
- Developed relationships with numerous providers of factoring, invoice discounting and commercial finance establishing Cashflow Acceleration as a ‘prime' introducer with many of them.
- Responsible for providing numerous businesses with improved factoring, invoice discounting, trade finance and asset finance deals including cheaper fees and increased funding and working capital options.
VENTURE FINANCE PLC
July 01 - July 03
- Successfully managed a mixed portfolio of factoring, invoice discounting and stock finance clients for Venture Finance.
- Successfully managed collect outs of outstanding sales ledgers.
- Achieved all targets for income and service (not one client lost due to poor service).
CLOSE INVOICE FINANCE LTD
June 00 - June 01
- Lead and delivered Process Improvement project, successfully introducing numerous procedural/efficiency improvements that doubled the efficiency of the processing departments within Close Invoice Finance.
- Successfully aligned the procedures and processes of both operations centres to meet risk targets as set by the board.
- Increased sales productivity by introducing procedure training manuals and new documentation for the Sales and Survey teams, reducing the duration of a salespersons learning curve by 33%.
- Enabled Close Invoice Finance to become compliant with CIFAS regulations and the Data Protection Act.
September 97 - March 01
- Successfully managed a mixed portfolio of factoring, invoice discounting and stock finance clients.
- Successfully managed collect outs of customer sales ledgers.
- Achieved all targets for income and service (not one client lost due to poor service) and bad debts.
- Recruited and managed a complete client service team including credit controllers, relationship assistants and processing staff.
- Underwrote a number of new business deals.
BARCLAYS COMMERCIAL SERVICES LTD
March 96 - September 97
- Successfully managed a portfolio of factoring clients without any loss due to bad debts or client loss due to poor service.
- Increased sales by leading and delivering a project to simplify the Prime Debtor Concentration calculation for businesses with significant debtor concentrations.
- Responsible for team selection, approach, progress reporting and production of recommendations presented to the Barclays Commercial Services board.
Business Co-Ordinator - IT Project
November 94 - March 95
- Business team leader for an IT project that created electronic invoice delivery for clients - successfully rolled out to all factoring and invoice discounting clients.
- Managed all aspects of training, test/acceptance criteria and the production of new documentation.
Manager - Invoice/Microfilm Departments
March 93 - February 96
- Successfully managed two departments, invoice processing and microfilm, meeting an efficiency rating targets.
- Introduced a new management structure, for the operation areas which improved management controls/techniques and efficiency within the area.
- Responsible for the production of the first job descriptions for the operations areas.
- Produced various new working procedures.
- Responsible for strategic technology improvements within the departments i.e. image scanning of sales invoices.
Senior Credit Underwriter
January 92 - March 93
- Successfully underwrote non recourse debtor credit limits and recourse funding limits for non recourse and recourse clients meeting all service and bad debt targets.
New Business Department Supervisor
November 09 - December 91
- Sanctioned new business proposals for factoring and invoice discounting.
- Analysed new business propositions, including large and complex factoring and invoice discounting deals. Responsible for presenting recommendations to the board of directors.
Senior New Business Surveyor
August 89 - November 90
- Responsible for surveying the largest and most complicated deals, covering invoice discounting, factoring and Barclays banking clients (overdraft lending).
March 88 - August 89
- Responsible for credit control of outstanding clients sales ledger and collecting outstanding debts (invoices) for a portfolio of factoring clients.
GOLDING STEWART WRIGHTSON LTD
March 86 - February 88
- General bookkeeping and account reconciliation for re-insurance.
- Team Leadership.
- Managing Relationships at Work.
- Outward Bounds Management Course.
- Advanced Negotiating Skills.
- Information Mapping.
- Project Management.
- Management Development.
- Factors and Discounters Association Legal Documentation Course.
- Client Management Workshop.
- Asset Based Lending Course.
- ‘Tallships' Outward Bounds team Building Course.
Dunn & Bradstreet Credit & Financial Analysis Distance Learning Course.
Factors and Discounters Association Certificate - Distinction.
Factors and Discounters Association Diploma.
My interests include golf, football, rugby and I am an avid film fan.